I’ve come into possession of … wait … that sounds unnecessarily dodgy … my publisher has kindly given me some audiocodes for How To Bang A Billionaire, narrated by Joel Leslie who is, frankly, amazing.
Something I found kind of challenging (in an interesting way) when he was preparing to do his thing with the book (and you can read about his approach from the man directly here) was that he asked me a bunch of questions about the characters, including what animal I thought they’d be. Needless to say, I spent an unnecessarily long time thinking about it, and this is what I came up with:
- Arden St Ives: squirrel—lively, fluffy and feisty.
- Caspian Hart: stag—proud, strong, dangerous but not actually predatory.
- Eleanor ‘Ellery’ Hart: hedgehog – fiercely self-protecting.
- Nik Whatever The Heck His Surname Is: golden Labrador – loyal, athletic and loveable.
- Justin Bellerose: mongoose – I DON’T KNOW WHY, BUT IT JUST FEELS RIGHT.
- Nathaniel Priest: white tiger because they always strike me as smug motherfuckers. Basically, they’re tigers who know they’re better than you.
- Lancaster Steyne: boa constrictor.
- George Chase: Anna Chancellor if she was an ocelot.
Special bonus round: Ardy’s mum (hummingbird), Hazel (honeybadger), Rabbie (brown bear), Weird Owen (gerenuk), Poppy Carrie (Andalusian horse), Trudy Hart (swan), Finesilver (lionfish), Dame Frances (boar).
Anyway, if you would like to win a copy of the audiobook of How To Bang A Billionaire (downloadable from audiobooks.com, giveaway open internationally) you can do so by either
- entering ye standard Rafflecopter here, from which two winners will be selected at random
- telling me which animal your favourite character from the book would be and why. You can leave me a comment here, email me at ajh(at)quicunquevult(dot)com, Tweet me, Facebook me or otherwise social media me in whatever fashion you fancy. And from these I will pick the awesome-est until I’ve run out of codes.
The giveaway will run until next Monday (5th March). And, um, here are some of the super lovely things people are saying about Joel:
Joel Leslie does a wonderful job with the narration for this book. Arden is the heart of this series and Leslie captures him just perfectly. (Joyfully Jay)
What can I say about Joel Leslie that has not been said before? Stellar performance, check; brilliant execution, check; brilliant performance, check. (Open Skye Book Reviews)
He’s also done How To Blow It With A Billionaire and that’s available on iTunes.